Stuff that's not about orders
Most of what we do is make stuff and ship it to you. So letís get everything else out of the way first. If you donít read anything else here, read #1 under ďAfter you order". The best way to get ahold of us will always be by email. We watch it all so if you email us, we will see it and respond promptly. If thereís a problem with your order, we will do what is needed to fix it. While we are on Facebook and Twitter, and read blogs and their comments all the time, the best place to go is our email.
Not to belabor the point, but seriously email us. Weíve had a handful of one-off issues we always quickly fixed for our customers because they emailed us. I guess what weíre really saying is, give us a chance to help. When you run a business out of your home and your marketing is almost all word of mouth, reputation is everything. Weíre committed to maintaining our reputation by being first and foremost rockiní and prompt with our customer service.Stuff about ordersBefore you order
1. Email us if you have any questions.
2. Gamma and vibrance settings on your monitor can slightly shift intended colors. Itís usually not a big deal, just know that we do our best to get accurate product shots. Samples are always the best way to really tell what a color really looks like. Things like glitter and colorshifts are really hard to capture, and ALL of our products look better in person.
3. Our samples come in clamshells, and contain around 1/8th of a teaspoon. We know not everyone likes clamshells, and weíre sorry if thatís you.When you order
1. Our checkout is 256-bit SSL encrypted and we are a PCI compliant vendor. That means we comply with the standards set by the major credit card companies for the protection of consumers when we handle your private data.
2. We donít give your information to anyone. We donít like it done to us, so we donít do it to you. You may super rarely get an email from us, which complies with anti-spam best practices and comes with a clear, easy, permanent opt-out.
3. Be sure to give us the right address to ship to. Email us if you placed an order with the wrong address so we can fix it.
4. We ship internationally, and our shipping rates for all orders are based on the total weight of the order. This ends up being much cheaper than the flat rate boxes we used for the first year we were open.After you order
1. The single most common question we get is ďwhen is my order shipping?Ē Here is how we operate. While FTC law requires online orders be shipped within 30 days unless agreed otherwise, many companies like ours have a ďturnaround time." This is because we make your order when you place it. We donít have the deep pockets needed to ďpre-produce" hundreds of everything. However, 30 days is a long time and we feel there needs to be an expectation set when you order.
Our turnaround time is 7 business days (business days are Mon-Fri, excluding US postal holidays and weekends) If for whatever reason we canít make TAT, we will email you in advance to let you know. We donít like it to happen, but we donít always control all of the variables. That said, itís rare.
2. We donít take returns. If you donít like a product or it doesnít work out, email us so we can discuss it. Once a sealed product leaves our hands, it is exiled from ever returning for health and sanitation reasons.
3. International orders can take a while. Anyone who has ever waited on USPS to ship to Singapore or Australia knows what weíre talking about. Itís not abnormal to see INTL orders get to their destinations 4-6 weeks out. All orders have a tracking number, which you get when it ships. Once an international package leaves the US, USPS stops updating the tracking and your package can sit at your country's customs office for typically 1-3 weeks (occasionally longer).Thanks for reading! Enjoy!